How do I become involved ?
1. Club Membership
4SKANSW Inc. is a club, affilated with Karting New South Wales under the umbrella of Karting Australia. This means, to compete, you must be a member of a Karting Australia affiliated club. By choosing 4SKANSW Inc. as your club you directly support the Subaru Karting Association in NSW. You also receive a discount on your control exhaust package.
2. Applying for your Karting Australia Licence
Pre-racing Safety Policy & Procedure can be viewed here
The Pre-racing Procedure for new Licence Applicants involves the following core items:
1. Downloading the KA Licence App; or Logging onto http://www.karting.net.au/how-
2. Viewing the Safety Training Video (“STV”); and
3. Reading the “Safety In Karting” (“SIK”) requirements; and
4. Acknowledgement that the STV has been viewed and understood and that the SIK requirements have been read and understood; and
5. Participation of the New Driver in an Observed Driving Session (“ODS”) at their Club. Viewing of the Safety Training Video (STV) At the time of applying for a KA Driving Licence (“Licence”) all applicants (and in the case of a minor who is applying for a Licence, the Participant who is completing the application for them) must view in its entirety, the STV that is available online at www.karting.net.au or that is embedded in the KA Licence App.
In the case of a minor, the Participant must discuss the STV and explain the safety requirements of the sport with them and be satisfied that they understand the requirements. Safety in Karting (SIK) At the time of applying for a Licence, all applicants (and in the case of a minor who is applying for a Licence, the Participant who is completing the application) must read the SIK requirements that are available online at www.karting.net.au or that is embedded in the KA Licence App. In the case of a minor, the Participant must discuss the SIK and explain the safety requirements of the sport with them and be satisfied that they understand the requirements. Acknowledgement that the STV Has Been Viewed and that the SIK Has Been Read and Understood
When applying for a Licence, the person who is making the application must acknowledge that they have:
1. Watched and understood the STV; and
2. Read and understood the SIK requirements; and
3. Acknowledge that they (and if the application is being made by a minor, the minor) understands the fundamental safety requirements of the sport as detailed in the STV and the SIK and will comply with them at all times.
Participation of the New Driver in an Observed Driving Session (ODS)
All New Drivers must undertake and successfully complete an ODS at the Club prior to being permitted to Compete on a KA Licensed Race Track. For the avoidance of doubt, this shall mean before commencing their first Qualifying session and/or Race.
The purpose of the ODS is to satisfy the Officials that the New Driver is capable of driving a kart in a safe and controlled manner. An ODS may be conducted either before a Race Meeting or as an ontrack session at a Race Meeting.
Upon successful completion of the ODS a New Driver will be allowed to participate in KA sanctioned racing on KA licenced Tracks. (Note: – If the Officials of the Meeting are of the opinion that the New Driver is not capable of driving a kart in a safe and controlled manner then the New Driver will not be permitted to participate in Qualifying or Racing and will be required to undergo further practice to improve their skill level before undergoing a further ODS.)
For those with previous karting and/or motorsport experience, who do not wish to begin on P Plates, upgrades are considered once a month by Karting NSW.
If you have previous motor sport experience and wish to apply for an upgrade from P Plates to a full competition licence from day one, please fill in the form below and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org . A fee of $110.00 applies and it is up to Karting New South Wales to approve this request.
New Engines must be purchased from AussieSpeed Australia. By doing so you receive a fully tagged motor eligible for our series.The association does not have the resources or time to be stripping & checking new motors purchased elsewhere.
The association has negotiated this deal on the members behalf and we appreciate your co-operation on this matter.
Purchasing from AussieSpeed Australia ensures a recognised, sealed, logged and stamped engine delivered to NSW for $1138.00 (April 2017).
This decision brings the association in line with the other four stroke endurance categories where there is one engine supplier only. The association needs to know that engines are standard from the point of sale.
Should you happen to purchase a kart with an existing subaru engine that is not tagged with the correct black padlock seals, please contact the club.New Engine Order Form
4. Control Exhaust Package
The cost of the control exhaust is $260.00 payable to the club account.
5. Clutches and eligible components
Clutches are available from the club directly.
Buy a new Clutch
Please also visit our Eligible Components and Adding Weight to the Kart page for additional information.